Middle School Teacher needed for an Alaskan adventure
Do you “get” Middle School? The uncontrolled laughter, the tripping over their own feet, the influence of friends over parents, the new assertions of self. Do you believe that middle school is one of the most formative times in a child’s life? We do and build our program to meet not only the academic but social needs of this unique age. We realize the importance of supportive adults in an adolescent’s life, so our teachers spend time to build a relationship with each student. If this sounds like an environment in which you want to work, see how you could fit in with the collaborative community at Pacific Northern Academy.
We are looking for a dynamic team player with a passion for teaching, travel, and middle school students. PNA is a small, independent private school in Anchorage, Alaska, valuing 21st-century learning principles and techniques.
- Designing and implementing developmentally appropriate standards-based lessons and projects,
- Supporting the social and emotional development of the children,
- Helping children build independence,
- Maintaining a positive and professional relationship with students, parents, and colleagues through clear communication,
- Traveling with students, locally and out-of-state.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience