Pacific Northern Academy is seeking Before & After School Activity Staff for morning and/or afternoon care.
Job Classification: Temporary, part time; 15 hours per week
Hours: Shifts 7:00 a.m to 8:30 a.m & 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., M-F
Compensation: $16+, DOE
Activity Staff members support the overall school experience by providing fun and engaging activities that support the safety and social-emotional development of the students.
Essential Job Functions:
Activity Staff are responsible for providing enrichment, supervision, and care to students during Extended Day Program (EDP) After Care or Homework Club (HWC).
Duties will include:
- Planning and following the daily activity schedule for EDP or HWC
- Facilitating developmentally-appropriate games and activities
- Supporting the social-emotional development of the students by mediating conflict, and maintaining an emotionally safe environment
- Maintaining a positive and professional relationship with parents and students
- Actively monitor and engage with students during free play time
- Actively supervise the outdoor playground, Makerspace, gym, homework club
- Prepare and serve afternoon snack
- Prep and clean up of activities, classrooms and Makerspace as directed
- Apply firm, yet fair discipline
Other Job Duties:
- Communicate effectively with all staff, parents, and children
- Make children and parents feel welcome
- Completing necessary documentation; verifying parent or guardian signatures of attendance sheets
- Be an enthusiastic member of the PNA team
- Responsible for closing tasks daily
- Light administrative duties such as filing, copying, documentation
This position reports directly to the EDP Program Director. This position is often the first line of contact with parents.
- Demonstrate genuine concern, kindness, and respect to all staff, parents and children
- Display a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as effectively contribute as part of a team
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 18 as dictated by Municipality of Anchorage Child Care Licensing codes
- Experience working with children in an education or child care capacity
- Completion of high school or equivalent or will do so in the near future
- Must successfully pass a background check
Physical Aspects of the Job:
Work environment is typical of a school environment however this position involves daily exposure to weather elements. Candidates must possess adequate vision, hearing acuity, physical ability, strength, and stamina to perform the required responsibilities of activities associated with supervision and program delivery; ability to lift 35 pounds.
Please send a cover letter, a resume, and three recommendations to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until filled.